Established in 2004, the Illinois Jump$tart Coalition is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and a proud State Affiliate of the National Jump$tart Coalition, which was founded in 1995 and is based in Washington, D.C.
The Mission of the Illinois Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy is to be an advocate for the most important voices and ideas in financial education. We have adopted the following goals:
- Raise awareness of the importance of financial capability with special emphasis on disadvantaged communities.
- Energize new literacy advocates and encourage direct local action to improve financial education.
- Support individuals, organizations and initiatives that advance youth financial education.
- Be a trusted resource for financial education information in Illinois.
The Illinois Jump$tart Coalition Bylaws – revised and updated as of December 15, 2014.
The Illinois Jump$tart Coalition 2014 Year-End Report
The Illinois Jump$tart Coalition is a proud affiliate of the National Jump$tart Coalition® for Personal Financial Literacy. The National Coalition, based in Washington, D.C., was first convened in 1995 and is currently comprised of more than 180 organizations. To learn more about Jump$tart, visit jumpstart.org.
National Financial Education Standards
A nationally selected panel of experts completed the revised Personal Finance Education Standards and Benchmarks for use by educators and parents. Click here to access or download a copy of the National Standards.
The Jump$tart Clearinghouse is a virtual library of over 750 pieces of educational materials which target the K – college age groups. All items within the database have been evaluated to ensure appropriateness and inclusion of at least one of the core Standards of Financial Literacy. Click here to search the Jump$tart Clearinghouse.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to gain access to recent research studies, innovative programs, contests and more.
* indicates required
We will not share your email address.
Join Us Online
- You’re Invited: Illinois Jump$tart Spring Event!
- 1st Annual Empowerment Summit is a Hit!
- ILJC to Host Empowerment Summit
- America Saves Week is Coming Up
- Happy Holidays!
all-day America Saves Week 2016
11:59 pm Spring 2016 Scholarship/Grant Ap…
all-day Money Smart Week 2016
2:00 pm ILJC Board Meeting – Private @ Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
11:59 pm Summer 2016 Scholarship/Grant Ap…
Who We Are
What We Do