Eligible recipients must:
- Reside in Illinois and attend school in grade 9 through post-secondary.
- Have demonstrated significant ability, initiative or achievement involving money management.
- Submit a completed application, along with a written recommendation on organization letterhead from a teacher, counselor or other non-family member.
- Not be prior ILJC scholarship recipients, or family members of current ILJC Directors.
Recipients receive reimbursements of up to $500.00
- If awarded, scholarship funds will be paid directly to the student’s post-secondary school.
- Scholarships may used for tuition, books and fees at any post-secondary institution in which the recipient is currently enrolled.
- If a school application or enrollment is pending, the funds will be held and disbursed to the institution upon receipt of a Verification of Enrollment on school letterhead.
- Recipients’ financial knowledge or skills may be self-taught, learned at home or through an employer, or acquired through school or a non-profit, community or faith-based organization.
- Recipients will be notified directly. When possible, scholarship awards will be presented at an upcoming ILJC public event.
- If not selected initially, eligible applicants will be considered again in the following cycle. Those not selected in 2 consecutive cycles may reapply with new or additional information.
- Recipients will be expected to update ILJC periodically on their progress and how the scholarship has helped further their education and/or better their lives or their community.
- Applicants authorize Illinois Jump$tart to use their name, and their answers in the “Tell Us About Yourself” section of this application, online and in promotional materials.
- Illinois Jump$tart will never disclose applicant contact information without permission.
To apply for a Library Grant, please fill out the form below. If you have questions about grant opportunities, contact us.
The application deadlines for the three 2016 Award Cycles are shown below.
- Spring – March 4
- Summer – June 24
- Fall – September 16
2016 ILJC Student Scholarship Application
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to gain access to recent research studies, innovative programs, contests and more.
* indicates required
We will not share your email address.
Join Us Online
- You’re Invited: Illinois Jump$tart Spring Event!
- 1st Annual Empowerment Summit is a Hit!
- ILJC to Host Empowerment Summit
- America Saves Week is Coming Up
- Happy Holidays!
all-day America Saves Week 2016
11:59 pm Spring 2016 Scholarship/Grant Ap…
all-day Money Smart Week 2016
2:00 pm ILJC Board Meeting – Private @ Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
11:59 pm Summer 2016 Scholarship/Grant Ap…
Who We Are
What We Do